Email us if you'd like to receive these updates.
Truths about radio
- The station product team is everything. If you don't have one or they can't impact on the product, you will lose.
- You must have allies in the station.
- A selector scientist is to be treasured. Pay them well.
- General Managers/Station Managers can be a hindrance for Programmers. Often they know just enough to be dangerous. Watch them.
- Too many meetings and they are all probably too long.
- You need to be strong and decisive.
- Concentrate on what matters. Mornings, music, marketing and delivering memorable radio.
- Don't get caught up in record company meetings. If record companies love your music director, you have a problem.
- Let outside people rip your station apart.
- Great breakfast/morning show planning is essential.
- Monitor, Monitor, Monitor.
- Production Mangers don't listen to enough radio.
- Be Sales friendly.
- Read point one again.
Want or need any more info on any of the above? email us and we will be happy to assist.
Back to updates page.
Download Adobe Reader - it's free